Monday, February 11, 2008

Simplifying my life, one closet at a time...

Something I got today on email said something about anti-procrastination day. I figured I'd probably best do something I had been procrastinating, but I did wait until after lunch.

Today I tackled the pantry. I had inspiration--my friend, Jane, has just refinished her kitchen. It looks beautiful, lovely new cabinets and appliances, beautiful new floor, shiny new stainless sink...(We have a new sink, too, only it's not been installed yet. It's still in the driveway, where we put it when we came home from Habitat's Restore with it maybe last year. It'll most likely be a while before it's installed.) Maybe I don't have new cabinets, but at least I can maximize what the cabinet space I do have!

After an hour and a half--I just looked at the clock!--all the shelves are straightened up, gobs of partially depleted boxes of miscellaneous are discarded, "use by" labels have been checked and honored, and it looks a bunch better! Of course, I still haven't found the source of the "smell" that we catch whenever we open the pantry door, but I DO know it isn't a rotten potato or a dead mouse. That's a relief. And since the smell is on the pleasant side (some sort of spice I "inherited" from Ann, more than likely), I think I'll just let it be.

Enjoy your anti-procrastination project! Love to all, and God bless.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Anti-procrastination day? Sounds like flylady to me!

Thanks for the comments on my blog! :)

Oh, and Jim gives you a thank you for the book. You can read it on his blog kluth2jim.blogspot.com Thanks!