Friday, April 20, 2007

Hooray!

Hallelujah! I am finally, with the help of Everett, able to comment again and able to create new posts!

What's new at our house, or what has been happening in the last couple of weeks?

As far as I'm concerned, not much has changed. I'm still having trouble reading, but that may be improving. Thank God for technology--I'm able to do just fine online, so feel free to email me. The blood sugar is going down, another praise. I had an appointment with Beth H this week and learned all sorts of helpful stuff. I will have an appointment next week for more counseling with a person at the doctor's office. I don't think there is any possibility that she will be sharing anything I don't already know, but I'm going.

Family news: We had a WONDERFUL visit last weekend with all three kids, spouses, and our granddaughter. The occasion was the wedding of Laurel, our niece. The wedding was beautiful, full of great-looking people (12 bridesmaids, 3 flower girls, 3 ring bearers, 6 groomsmen, assorted other folks) and music, music, music (a high-school alumni band, 12 specials--count them, 12!) and the chance to visit with family and friends. David got to play his "Give the bride away in my overalls" gag again--that makes three brides and three times to wear the overalls. Daniel and I got to entertain Cora, which is great fun. (I should say here, Cora got to entertain us.) Cora got to practice pulling up on Grandpa's beard--good fun there. Everett, Ann, and Daniel went back to Georgetown with us, and we all got to go to church together on Sunday. Ann and Daniel left early Sunday afternoon (after all, they're working stiffs!), but we kept Everett until Monday morning. We can't get enough of the kids anymore.

David is taking some time off next week. We have plans to put down new carpet--not before it's needed. We aren't going to do the carpeting, but we are going to move stuff out of the way for the workers, and that will be a monumental task. We're hoping to find some help in that area here in town, but anyone with a strong back and time on their hands--let us know. We'll welcome you.

Love to all, and God bless.


3 comments:

Everett said...

I should have thought to ask this while I was home, but are y'all recarpeting the whole house our just the living room and hall? Where are you going to put stuff?

Tooz said...

The whole house, and who knows where we are going to put the stuff? The basement is already full of stuff of its own, so I guess that leaves either a pod or a moving van. Thanks for asking. Love you.

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

I wish I were there to help you guys!

Love you great big bunches!