Friday, January 25, 2008

Oh, how the mighty have fallen...again!

David and I are in to clutzy accidents this week. He came in one afternoon and showed me his elbow, which he had bumped on a car at work. The collision made enough noise that a coworker heard it over the assembly line, so we know it was a mighty wallop. He made a pretense of crying and said, "I need to go home and let Susan kiss this one!"

Not to be outdone, I left the house just a little too confident and too quickly yesterday. I made it down the front steps safely, but hit a slick patch at the foot of the steps. Somehow, I landed on both my knees and my hip--how, I'm still trying to figure out. My co-volunteer at the hospital, Martha, said I must have ricocheted. Anyway, I have a couple of bruises "where the sun don't shine". I haven't asked David to kiss them yet.

And then today, David made the mistake of trying to close his truck door before he got his leg out. I can't say a lot, because I bumped my head in pretty much the same way recently.

Let's just say we're not getting any brighter as we age. Love to all, and God bless.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

How funny! We have done similar things. Thanks for commenting on my blog. I had not thought about heating marshmallows by candlelight. Thanks for sharing.

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

Maybe you guys should do like the little girl in the old toilet paper commercials. Whenever you know you have to go somewhere, just stuff the back of your britches with toilet paper. David could make himself elbow pads out of the same stuff! Love you.