Saturday, December 01, 2007

A cure for the common cold, hmmm?

or at least the type that David has...Vick's Vapo-Rub has been around for a long time. People rubbed it on their children's chests when they had chest colds, maybe with some degree of success--I don't know. My mom didn't do that. I had a housemother in college who swore by it. You didn't dare cough around her, or Mom Venn would be showing up at your dorm room with her jar of Vapo-Rub. When I was finishing up my senior year, I had pneumonia, and there she was, jar in hand. I can't say that it worked too well on the pneumonia--I ended up in the hospital and then home for about a week after that.

NOW I'm learning that the CHEST is not where the stuff belongs. It belongs on your FEET. I don't know where I read that, but I told Mary C about it before Thanksgiving. I haven't heard if it worked for her, but it DID work for Mr. David. I caught him in the act of slathering it on his feet this morning, then left him here while I hit the stores for a frenzy of impulse buying. When I got back, he told me that the stuff WORKED. He feels better and is barely coughing. Considering that colds often hit him like a ton of bricks, I was delighted that something this simple might be helping him.

Love to all, and God bless.

No comments: