Tuesday, September 04, 2007

You know, I may turn into a prune!

Today when I headed out to the Pavilion for water aerobics, I'm not sure I knew how long I would be there! Usually I go at 9 (or a few minutes thereafter--promptness that early in the day is not one of my virtues!) and am out, dressed and on to other things by 10:15 or so. Today when the 9:00 class ended, a couple of us (new friend Margaret and I) decided to stay around for the first session of the Silver Splash water aerobics class, which was to start at 11. In the hour in between, Maggie, Emma and I floated around the lazy river a while and discussed whether or not Emma would stay for the later class. Her back was bothering her, so she opted to get dressed and watch from the observation deck. I also got to explore parts of the pool I hadn't yet tried while waiting for the later class, and even worked up the courage to get into the lap pool for a few minutes. Everyone was right, it IS colder than the exercise pool, so I didn't stay there long. At 11, Libby, Bonnie, and Bill--yes, a man!--joined us while we waited for Dawn (the teacher) to show up.

Silver Splash is going to be a good program, I think, with emphasis on areas where I need more work (balance and coordination). It's more low-key aerobic stuff, more choreographed, even with music. That's fun, and the different movements are challenging to learn, at least right now. It's a much quieter and less crowded class, since there are currently only five folks compared to the 20-25 who ordinarily make up the 9:00 class. The teacher reminded us to bring water the next time--I just laughed at that, since we never take water to the 9:00 class. But she was RIGHT, I did notice that I got thirsty during the second class. I won't forget my water bottle next time. I also noticed that besides being shriveled up and water-logged, I was really tired at the end of the second class.

I was trekking out to the car with my wet stuff when Emma invited me to go to lunch with Maggie and her. At first I said no, but then second thought and common sense kicked in--I needed to eat pretty quickly, and if I went home first, I'd probably not do that, so I decided to go. We had a really nice meal at Cracker Barrel, after which I felt re-energized (but not enough to go back to K-Mart with the other two ladies! As I told the cashier at CB, after spending $94.00 there last week, I didn't think our budget needed me going back again!). All in all, a good way to spend the morning. Anyone who is considering a water aerobics class, take it from me--it's worth every penny, every minute struggling into and out of wet bathing suits, and every pruney shrivel!

Good night, and God bless!


Tara said...

Okay, so why did you have a dead toad in your car for years? Come on out anytime, you and Evan can go toad hunting! Lost your email, so I had to comment on your comment here. Can you zap me your email again? I'm at tara kluth at juno dot com. Thanks!

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

A dead toad?!?!? This sounds like blogging material to me!

And it sounds like you had a great day! I miss you guys, and can't wait to see you in November!

Love, hugs and kisses,
Jenn and Jamie