Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Good thing I went home...

Monday evening David surprised me by telling me he had taken the day off on Tuesday. He had a bunch of things he needed to get done that he couldn't do after work, since he's been working until after 5 every day lately. That was nice to hear. Of course, I already had plans for Tuesday, but they didn't entail the whole day, so it was okay.

Tuesday morning he got to sleep late. I didn't have to get up until 8:30, in order to make the WMU meeting at 10:00, so we slept in. There was some controversy in the different sources I had checked as to the location of the meeting I was attending. Before I left, I had a couple of phone calls that were a little on the off-setting side, but nothing too serious. Things looked manageable.

I left for my meeting and spent way too long trying to find the house. I made the mistake of getting behind some sort of cherry-picker-type gadget that traveled at less than 5 miles an hour. One good thing about it...I got a good look at renovations around Georgetown College. When I finally got to the street where the meeting was supposed to be held, I couldn't find the house. Those of you who have never been in Georgetown may not understand this, but that street wasn't all that long! In addition, there were only houses on one side of the street. Anyway, after traveling the length of the street and back, I decided to call it quits and just skip the meeting. I headed home, avoiding getting behind the same cherry-picker again.

When I got to the house, I discovered we had company. I went in, found the company ensconced in the back room on the computer, and found David stranded in the bathroom after his shower. Turned out, since there was no one there except him, he hadn't bothered to take his clothes into the bathroom with him. I went to the bedroom and fetched him some pants and a shirt so that he could escape.

All I can say is, good thing I went home. He might still be in there.

1 comment:

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

Oh, no! It is a good thing you went home!