Friday, August 10, 2007

How hot was it?

I had a nice chat with F today. She said it's really been hot in Louisville, over 100 the last couple of days. She and her girls fried an egg on the driveway! I've heard people say it was hot enough to do that, but F actually was able to get the yolk to set up and to turn the thing over! I asked her if they ate it after they fried it. She said no--I guess they aren't up to Feasting on Asphalt, like Alton Brown. Just thought you all would like to know it can be done. Good night, and God bless.

3 comments:

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

Tonight, we're going to have fried egg sandwiches for supper... but I'm frying them on the stove, not the driveway.

Becca said...

Did you see Feasting on Asphalt this weekend? I was sitting on my couch wanting donuts, catfish, spaghetti, and beef tips. Heck, the pancakes and fried chicken, too, why not?

I watched it last year and greatly enjoyed it, although I got so homesick by his drive up 25E into Corbin, and later on the Blue Grass Parkway. I recognized several places especially from the 25E drive up from TN.

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

I was soooo upset when they finished all their "updates" to 25E and you drove through the mini-mountains, instead of way up to the top. I had a special fondness for that little door, way up in the side of the mountain. I used to want to stop the car somewhere and go open that door, to see where it went. I never did, though, then they changed the route so you went through the mountain, and I never got to see that little door again!